The New Year
Happy New Year! Mine was spent with a small group of friends drinking and making merry. Somehow we also ended up playing some blindfolded hide and seek game. Bizarre. Fun though.
I haven’t felt like putting in the effort to write any quality entries lately. It’s largely due to my job. I’m really tired of teaching kids and doing all these holiday-themed activities. Fortunately, my job will change at the end of January. Whether or not I’ll stay at the same company is still uncertain at this point, but if I do stay I’ll no longer be teaching kids. I think I’ve done enough teaching kids for a while. It’s experience I wanted, but it’s certainly not my calling.
2005 will see the following changes to Sinosplice:
- A cool Flash menu at www.sinosplice.com/ which highlights all the non-blog features of my site. I’ve always intended my site to be much more than a blog, but blogging is by far the easiest way to add content.
- New random Flash Sinosplice banners at the top of the blog.
- New learning Chinese resources created by me (as sort of a warm-up for my career in Applied Linguistics, applied to Mandarin Chinese).
- Revamp of the Chinese Study Book Reviews, plus more reviews.
- Extensive revision of my Pronunciation of Mandarin Chinese: Setting the Record Straight to reflect what I’ve learned in my Chinese linguistics studies as preparation for graduate school in fall of this year.
- More photo albums (I need to get my camera fixed, but I also have a bunch of old pics on my computer waiting to go online).
- Other random projects that I’m not ready to reveal yet.
Make it a good year.