Photography from Xitek
13 Mar 2005
Xitek.com is a Chinese site which takes photography very seriously and showcases some of its members’ work. I’ve selected a sample of the more notable galleries currently online.
– 《矿工写真》: A collection of pictures of Chinese miners as a memorial to those lost in the Henan mining distaster.
– 粤西禁地 – 汉森病康复村: Photos from a leprosy recovery village in Guongdong province.
– 《大山之子》: 岜沙 is a village near Guizhou populated with people of the 苗 minority group.
– 香格里拉: This is mainly a bunch of maps, but I imagine they could be very useful if you’re planning a trip to Tibet and can read Chinese.
– 《中国模特之星》: Chinese model competition. The photographer seems to favor #3, at least in the beginning. I can’t say I blame him. (Don’t miss the links at the bottom of the page. There are nine pages in all.)
– 我的长城行: Ahhh, the Great Wall… forever photogenic. (Two pages)
– 行行色色之锦绣中华: This is kind of cool — a collection of links to photography posted in the forum, organized by geographic region, and complete with clickable map. (Warning: some of the albums linked to are not so hot.)