Christmas Songs in Chinese

Christmas songs in Chinese

OK, I’ll admit it. I like some Christmas songs. Not so much “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” as some of the more traditional ones. So I get a kick out of hearing these songs sung in Chinese. Thinking that some of you may feel the same way (you all seemed to really enjoy the Hakka Jingle Bells song), I decided to put together an album of Chinese Christmas music.

This album contains secular kids’ classics like “Jingle Bells” as well as religious classics like “What Child is This.” Some songs sound like they are sung by a church choir, while others are more playful. Some of the songs’ sound quality is good, while others’ are abysmally low. The melodies are familiar, but the lyrics are all in Chinese. Oh, yes. You need this to make your Christmas complete.

The Sinosplice Chinese Christmas Song Album (~40 MB)

1. Jingle Bells
  2. We Wish You a Merry Christmas
  3. Santa Claus Is Coming to Town
  4. Silent Night
  5. The First Noel
  6. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
  7. What Child Is This
  8. Joy to the World
  9. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
  10. Jingle Bells
  11. Santa Claus Is Coming to Town
  12. Silent Night
  13. Joy to the World

[The sharper among you may have noticed that some of the songs towards the end repeat. That’s because there are multiple versions of some of the same songs.]

I’m a little disappointed that I didn’t find Chinese versions of “We Three Kings of Orient Are,” “The Little Drummer Boy,” or “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen,” but I suppose these will do.

Merry Christmas.

Update: Song lyrics now available (simplified Chinese + pinyin, PDF format)

All songs gathered through Baidu MP3 search. ID3 tagging done with MP3tag. Audio normalizing and editing accomplished with Audacity.

86 Comments to “Christmas Songs in Chinese

1. matt says:

Thanks for that! Another one I really like is ‘O holy night’

2. Kay says:

Thanks for the upload =D

3. Mark says:

You seem to have the bandwidth that just keeps giving… and I love it! Audacity is a pretty sweet program, too. The noise removal function is way better than what I expected from a free (and patent-free) software package.

4. John says:

Matt,

Yeah, that one would be good too. The thing is, I know there is a Chinese version. It’s just finding it.

5. John says:

Mark,

I have a ton of bandwidth. (Thanks, DreamHost!)

After the Bible stories this month and now this, I just checked my bandwidth allotment, and I have still only used up 1%!

6. Wilson says:

The songs will be playing in Rosewood House stores this Christmas Holiday.

7. Emeril says:

Thanks I’ll arrive to late to join you both this evening. Have a Merry Christmas Greg

8. This is awesome. Thanks so much. Now I’ve got music for today…

9. Oh! And Merry Christmas!

10. Lorean says:

I was about to suggest making torrent files, but damn that’s some sweet hosting. Downloading them as I type. Merry X-mas!

11. heilong says:

Thanks for this, brought a tear to my eye. Merry Christmas John.

12. Julie R says:

Thank you so much for these! If you find any “Chinese Country” (as in similar to American Country music), I’d love to hear about it! :)

13. eway says:

Happy holidays, John! I left a msg to you on MSN some days ago…but seems it didn’t like me… :( Anyway, just wanna send a wish to you.

14. wow! i’m listening right now, they’re great. :+) thanks!

15. Jeff says:

Thanks for the posting! This is a life saver!

16. robert says:

hey… great!!! any chance of getting the lyrics in pinyin and traditional so I can sing along? thanks!!!

17. Ilenia says:

Can anyone please help me find “White Christmas” in Chinese? Thank you!

18. Wilsun says:

Yo man, thanks 4 the upload song… U’r the great…

19. BLJ says:

Thank you so much!

20. Hazardi says:

Thanks!

21. anon says:

thanks for the songs! do you have the chinese lyrics for these songs?

22. chona says:

i remember my grade school days when i heard these songs. thanks…just like the others, i would like to request for the lyrics in pinyin and traditional.

23. Jet says:

Thanks for the songs! can i also ask for the pinyin lyrics of jingle bells and santa clause is coming to town? we’ll use it in our presentation. Thanks again!

24. Rasta says:

OMG. ok. I love you. I really luuuuuv hearing these tunes in Chinese. Let’s find the pinyin version now.

fyi–Texan moving to china to teach Hick talk to the locals. All Chinese will forget the words Hello…it will be HOWDIE YA’LL with as much hick as I can add…hehe

25. alex says:

great to finally find these songs. but could someone provide the text versions? pinyin or hanzi is not important. i can transform those myself

would be really great!!

26. sulan says:

HI! We’re all so happy here with these Christmas songs! We’re gonna use these in our Christmas party! Thanks for your generosity!

27. nn says:

Thanks man, this is sooooo precious. it is just what my choir’s been looking for… Cheers! Chestnuts

28. Krista says:

Thank you so much for these. With an adopted daughter from China, we LOVE playing these over and over again. She LOVES them, especially Jingle Bells. I would love the pinyin versions too. Thanks again and Merry Christmas

29. James says:

I know this is gonna sound redundant redundant, but 我也要!Hehe… if you have any pinyin or know how to get them for the Chinese Christmas songs, let me know. I am singing many of them in English, but I need the translations for my audience.

30. Weiping Chen says:

I’m still downloading, exited to find it, thanks a lot.

31. Cheng Mi says:

Thank you very much. i am a greek fun of china. it is so hard for me to find chinese christmas songs. thank u

32. veronia says:

hi, there, will you please let me know all those X’mas lyrics in Chinese.

Great music, but hard to get the words.

lots of thanks

33. Dario says:

I know you aren’t a great fan, but do you have a source for an MP3 of “Rudolph” in Mandarin? Thanks.

34. Franky says:

This music has the amazing emotional load, it is in her a lot of laughter and parties, Chinese texts for this they reflect the style of Chinese music ideally, although they are this carol. Thanks to great!

35. Jdlx says:

Wow, thank you! I really didn’t expect to find any xmas carols in Chinese. Now my kids will get to sing these in my school, where I work as a Chinese teacher. Thanks again, and merry anticipated xmas.

36. Lean says:

Hi, thank you for share these songs! It helps me. Thank you very much!

37. ILA says:

It’s nice to know how the familiar christmas songs suns in other language like chinese.. Thanks a lot… it’s great !

38. Gloria says:

John, thanks to the Chinese Christmas Songs. I was looking for the Chinese Lyrics with guitar chords, but could not find it. Do you have the lyrics and the guitar chords for Jingle Bells?

39. Julie says:

John, this is great. Would you happen to have the Chinese lyrics for O Holy Night? Even the first verse would be great!

40. Handy says:

thousand of thanks to you. i’ve been looking for this and almost deperate for finding. thanks to u….

41. Jeff says:

Sorry, the formatting is not correct and I don’t know why. I’ll try and fix it for the next song. My friends and I are going to try and do it for all of the collection, but it won’t happen before Christmas this year,at least not all of them. I’ll do as much as I can. If nothing else It’s helping me learn this very strange language. I have to learn, because I want to retire in China. My dream will come true.

Jeff

42. Holly says:

Wah… thanks a lot… but can u provide a lyric…

43. Jeff says:

THis is a second attempt, the first one got scrubbed. For thos that wanted it this version matches Jingle Bells #2 in the download. Merry Christmas

dīng dīng dāng dīng dīng dāng líng ér xiǎng dīng dāng wǒ men hua xuě duō kuài lè wǒ men zuò zài xuě qiao shàng dīng dīng dāng dīng dīng dāng líng ér xiǎng dīng dāng wǒ men hua xuě duō kuài lè wǒ men zuò zài xuě qiao shàng

dīng dīng dāng dīng dīng dāng líng ér xiǎng dīng dāng wǒ men hua xuě duō kuài lè wǒ men zuò zài xuě qiao shàng dīng dīng dāng dīng dīng dāng líng ér xiǎng dīng dāng wǒ men gǔ xuě duō kuài lè wǒ men zuò zài xuě qiao shang . chong guò dà fēng xuě wo men zuò zài xuě qiao shàng bēn chí guò tián yě huān xiào yòu gē chàng

líng shēng xiǎng dīng dāng nǐ de jīng shén duō huān chàng jīn wǎn hua xuě zhēn kuài lè bǎ hua xuě gē ér chàng, hēi

zài yī liǎng tiān zhī qián dà xuě chū wài qù yóu dàng dǎ bàn měi lì xiǎo gū niáng tā zuò zài wǒ shēn páng

nà mǎér shòu yòu lǎo tā de mìng yùn duō zāi nán bǎ xuě qiao zhuāng jìn nǐ páng biān hài de wǒ men zāo le yāng

nà lǐ bái xuě shǎn yín guāng chèn zhe nián qīng hǎo shí guāng dài zhe xīn ài de gū niáng bǎ hua xuě gē ér chàng

tā yǒu yī pī lì sè mǎ tā yī rì xing qiān lǐ wǒ men bǎ tā tào zài xuě qiao shàngjiù fēi bēn xiàng qián fāng

dīng dīng dāng, hēi

44. Jeff says:

OK Here is silent night

Ping’an ye, sheng shan ye, wan an zhong, guang hua she, Zhaozhe sheng mu ye zhaozhe sheng ying, Duoshao cixiang duoshao tianzhen, Jing xiang tian ci anmian, Jing xiang tian ci anmian.

Ping’an ye, sheng shan ye, mu yang ren, zai kuang ye, Huran kanjian liao tianshang guang hua, Tingjian tianjun chang ha-li-lu-ya; Jiuzhu jinye jiangsheng! Jiuzhu jinye jiangsheng.

Ping’an ye, sheng shan ye, sheng zi ai, guang jiao jie, Jiu shu hongende liming lai dao, Sheng rong fachulai rong guang pu zhao: Yesu wo zhu jiang sheng, Yesu wo zhu jiang sheng. (Amen)

45. Jeff says:

Just remeber that Chinese pronounces some letters much differenty than we are used to. But It’s not hard to figure out, I’m 58 and doing pretty good, I have many friends in China and love them all. I will be going (first time) next summer to visit. My dream is to retire there. I cannot think of a better place. These people are the friendliest that I have ever encountered. Oh I can’t speak it yet, in the sense of formulating my own words, I still depend on translators. but I’m learning fast.

46. Jeff says:

OH I forgot, If you have questions, I have many answers. Go to my website you can find my e-mail and contact me.

47. agsilmid says:

thank you very much for this mandarin christmas song, i’ve been looking for a long time. And I hope someday i can smooth to speak chinese like u too. merry christmas

48. agsilmid says:

btw if anyone could share the christmas song pinyin lyrics that would be great and very helping.

49. Christian Borg says:

I and some other friends of mine are part of a religious society begun in Malta and we make sort of lectures to children and one of these was about christmas all over the world and thanks to you we also found music from the chinese children. 10x very much

50. Cathy Rachel says:

thanks dude! Iv’e been hearing this in chinatown and i think its awesome!

51. Zack says:

Thanks for the song. Anyone know where can i get these lyrics? =)

52. Shu Jian says:

Thx a lot for this valuable website^^… God bless you^^…

53. Manna says:

kiddies at school are gonna love this! Thanks and merry christmas.

54. Manuel says:

Wow! 谢谢! The songs are gonna help us a lot in the study of Chinese language…. hehe! It’s so wonderful to hear christmas songs in chinese, here in Mexico it’s so difficult to get chinese material….

Thank you!

¡Feliz navidad!

55. Erica says:

This is great thanks. My daughter was just learning “We Wish you a Merry Christmas” at school and couldn’t remember the end of the verse. It was going to be a long weekend without this. I’ll pass this on to her Mandrain teacher. Merry Christmas

56. Arie says:

Thank you.. I love It.

57. Hyde says:

Hi, Im looking for lyrics in chinese for “Joy to the World”. I just came across your site. Hope you can help. Thanks in advance.

58. shannon says:

can somebody write down the Chinese lyrics of “we wish you merry Christmas”?

59. shannon says:

Thanks for the songs, they are great

60. Michael says:

These Christmas carols also help me to learn Chinese. XIEXIE NI

61. xie xie..it really help the college students of CEU Manila, Philippines..! ^^

62. Mike says:

I just found sinosplice.com – great stuff. We are worshiping with our Chinese congregation this Sunday, and I’m looking for a translation of “Hark! The Herald Angels Sing” in phonetic Mandarin (is that Pinyin?), so we can put it in the bulletin. Would you be able to direct me to such a translation? Much obliged!

63. Mike says:

This is Mike again. Turns out, we need also a similar kind of translation for “Angels We Have Heard On High,” too. So that would be “Hark! The Herald” and “Angels We Have Heard.” Thank you so much, if you could help provide those. : )

Merry Christmas!

64. zen says:

i’ve been looking for these songs every year. hahaha. at last i found them in your site. thanks very much. merry christmas!!!

65. Simon says:

I have downloaded the zip file but I cannot find the lyrics.. I really want it…

66. Thanks again, John! I’d forgotten this stuff. Nice to meet it again

67. Benjamin says:

Hi John, really thanks for this upload of songs as I was stressed out looking for Chinese Xmas song for this year. Must be God’s leading. Thanks and keep it up!!!

68. Hitsugi says:

Hi! Thank you very much for all the songs… I really love this lenguage in fact I love chistmas time too xD So I really thank you…

69. Peter says:

Hello,

i search a long time chinese christmas music in style like the chinese new year music and in style like chinese traditional folk music :)

thanks for your help

xie xie nin

70. Jennie says:

Wow, this is so useful! However I think the one labelled “Santa Claus is coming to town” is actually Frosty the Snowman.

71. Roger says:

can someone give me sites where i can find the lyrics of each song? plz…

72. juan says:

if anyone can send me * silent night *we wish a merry christmas jingle bells santa is coming to town in chinese version

i’ll appreciate it.2223853840@qq.com i’m in china thank you

73. Eddy says:

xie xie ni….

74. Jennyfotos says:

Thrilled to bits to find this music. Just returned from visiting my lovely family in Shanghai. My sister-in-law is chinese, so wanted to find Christmas carols in mandarin for my video…….absolutely fantastic. Will be wonderful to put this into the video to recall a very happy Christmastime. Many many thanks

75. Sally says:

I’m looking for a singing group to sing christmas carols at an outside event during this Christmas 2012 in Beijing at an outdoor event. If anybody knows of a singinig group that can do christmas caroling, please contact me. 2516680503@qq.com

76. Cortnee says:

Thank you so much for this ! I work at a Chinese restaurant, and I’ve been trying to find some good Christmas music for this month. This is perfect. :)

77. Thanks so much. I hope next year to post a recording of my primary school students singing some of these songs!

78. Natalie says:

Thanks so much for posting these! Today I was at the only church in this huge city and sat in on Christmas choir practice but didn’t have the pinyin to read in the book. Hark the Herald Angels Sing!

79. Carlos says:

Thanks, This is the very special Spirit of Christmas, I wish more people of the world in several language version forumers us

80. Colleen says:

Thank you SO much for posting this John! My mom and I are studying Chinese together and this will be the perfect thing to study over the holidays:)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Classic Chinese Christmas Song Links | Sinosplice: Life
  2. Chinese Christmas Videos, Chinese Christmas Songs | Sinosplice
  3. Joululauluja kiinaksi | Kiinan kieli Meilahden ala- ja yläasteilla …………美湾小学部和美湾初中部汉语课程
  4. Chinese Lyrics (with Pinyin) for Christmas Songs | Sinosplice
  5. The multicultural Christmas playlist, mostly “Jingle Bells” « Arnold Zwicky's Blog