Zhang Ziyi in TV Commericals

Zhang Ziyi on Flickr

Zhang Ziyi

If you do search for Zhang Ziyi on Youtube, you’ll find quite a few commercials. As I see it, this is good for Ziyi fans as well as those interested in either learning Chinese or seeing Chinese commercials. (Unfortunately, some have no audio.)

Here are some of the commercials featuring Zhang Ziyi to be found on Youtube:

Coca-Cola (1)
Coca-Cola (2)
Lenovo computers (1)
Lenovo computers (2)
Maybelline (1)
Maybelline (2)
Pantene (1)
Pantene (2)
Visa (feat. furious kung fu action)
Visa (feat. Pierce Brosnan)
Bottled water (Korean)
Asience (hair care)

I’m not a huge fan of Zhang Ziyi, but while looking through YouTube for a ChinesePod blog post I found so many commercials featuring her that I thought it was worth mentioning.


John Pasden

John is a Shanghai-based linguist and entrepreneur, founder of AllSet Learning.


  1. well if only these commercials were for the non Asia audience then it would be more appealing because it’s rare to see Asian faces in Western tv.

  2. Search for Two Chinese Boys while you’re at youtube. Funny s***

  3. Da Xiangchang Says: May 7, 2006 at 2:57 pm

    I haven’t made up my mind about Zhang Ziyi (and I’m sure she’s losing sleep over this fact). About 70% of the time, she looks REALLY hot; the other 30%, she looks like an average girl. In 50% of her movies, her acting is pedestrian (Memoirs of a Geisha); the other half, she’s REALLY good (2046). So I guess I’m rather lukewarm towards the most famous Chinese woman in the world.

  4. While searching for the Two Chinese Boys, look for their “I want it that way” MTV, i found it the funniest.

  5. IM A HUGE FAN OF ZIYI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I mean , she is so PRETTY! and beautiful~!
    I have absolutely no interest in the Movie Geisha, but because of her, I watched~! emmm~ what’d I say~ she is so damn goood!!!

    and, I am so proud of her and Ang lee tooo!!!!!!!!!1 Ang, he won the academe award!! man, can he be any better!?????!!!!
    Those are the chinese surviving at the top of the US main street~!

  6. Oh, I’ve got videos of those guys on my site here and here.

  7. John, which ones couldn’t you hear any audio on? I heard audio on all of them.

  8. Stuart Says: May 8, 2006 at 5:08 am

    What do you have against Zhang Ziyi?

  9. Woot? First guy I heard not being a fan of her… She’s the bomb!

  10. Eden,

    Yeah, the back dorm boys are very funny. I blogged them too once upon a time.

  11. Mark,

    Hmmm… then maybe it was a computer problem on my mind?

  12. Stuart and Peter,

    Oops, I didn’t mean to make it sound like a dislike her. I’m just not gaga over her.

    I like her more than Da Xiangchang does, but less than b3 does. (see above)

  13. I have met her once in a cafe in Beijing, “the next table”.
    My heart was beating so fast, I think even faster than the first time I met my current G/F~ haha~ oops~ did I say that out loud?

    Well, I have really watched any her movies but the geisha and the dragon~ I think she is getting more and more beautiful~ I think it is because of the beauty itself, Made ZIYI stood out, still standing~!

    Well, I just want to say, Maybe the HUGE fan is not the right word to describle my feelings for her, but definely she weights much heavier than the rest of the so called chinese movie star~ such as Jackie Chen~ I dont understand his movie at all~ whatever~


  14. I mean I have NOT watched any of her movies~!

  15. I’d love to see some translations of a few of these if any kind soul has the time. I’m at the point with my Chinese now where I know a lot of individual words, but hearing them all run together is problematic, and still sounds quite foreign to me. Any kind soul want to spare a few minutes and give us the English versions?

  16. Damn it. Now I’m going to have to watch all of her commercials too.

  17. Somehow, that comment and the handle “China Law Blog” are a total non sequitur.

  18. to me zhangziyi is really neanderthal looking. sloped back forehead, soulless eyes. kinda ruffian. there are way better looking girls on any street in shanghai. shame they chose her as a representation of ‘oriental beauty’. she can’t act either.

  19. You’re just jealous.

  20. I think she’s spectacular, and spectacularly pretty, in her movies.

    When it comes to offscreen, however, she kinda loses that ethereal quality that makes her so gorgeous in her movies. She doesn’t quite have that glam factor when she’s not filming, but that’s part of the reason I like her. Very down to earth, it would seem.

  21. Best ever Zhang Ziyi ad is here.

    Got to admit John, never expected to find your site when searching for ‘Zhang Ziyi commercials’.

  22. Da Xiangchang Says: May 12, 2006 at 6:32 am


    If Zhang Ziyi looks like a typical neanderthal, I wish the other 3+ billion other women hadn’t evolved.

Leave a Reply