Bite-sized WeChat Material for Advanced Learners: Luoji Siwei
14 Nov 2017
I want to share a WeChat account I’ve found interesting called 罗辑思维 (a little play on what sounds like “Logical Thinking,” since the host’s surname is Luo). It’s not a podcast about formal logic; the topic is all kinds of useful ideas and thoughts on modern society, with a healthy sprinkling of issues related to entrepreneurship. It’s well-suited to advanced learners, and it has the following key advantages:
- Every audio post is only 60 seconds long (called 罗胖60秒). No “listening marathons” here.
- Every audio post has a nicely organized transcript (numbered points!) just below it.
- Yes, there is some salesy content, but the main topics are still interesting and the sales messages are short and easy to ignore.
- 罗胖‘s voice is clear and he is easy to listen to.
- His material is a good example of Chinese content marketing, if you’re into that sort of thing.
It’s so hard to find material this is both interesting (to non-Chinese) and short, and this is one of the best resources I’ve found. (Please let me know what you think of it in the comments!)
I personally find all 8 of his most recent topics quite interesting, so here they are (no filtering needed):
Here are a few screenshots of those:
To find the WeChat account, just search for “罗辑思维” on WeChat. [Note: you’ll still find it if you search for “逻辑思维.”] There are also videos on YouTube and Youku.
罗胖‘s real name is 罗振宇. You can read more about him on his Baidu Baike page.
What good material have you found on WeChat?